Senior Data Engineer
Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary! With a simple intuitive interface, Jimdo enables anyone to create a customized online presence with a blog, portfolio, business website or online store. Together we’ve helped our users create over 20 million websites around the world.
We are a driven, enthusiastic and international team of over 220 employees that values commitment and openness. We’re inspired every day by our customers’ drive and entrepreneurial spirit, and this pushes us to set the highest standard for ourselves and our product.
As Senior Data Engineer you will work with our ambitious team and take our data infrastructure to the next level to help make our customers successful. If you are passionate about empowering people in making data-driven decisions, then we're eager to get to know you.
- Shape and execute a technological mid and long term vision for data engineering with the team
- Provide data in a reliable and efficient way to our stakeholders by keeping the data warehouse and all incoming and outgoing data streams running and up to date
- Help improving our product by finding and implementing new ways of using data
- Research and implement a new and advanced tech stack
- Build and improve software solutions to support the work of Data Analysts and other teams in their daily work
- Define processes and contracts for providing clean and unified data
- You have a Degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Backend Engineering or equivalent experience and at least 3 years of experience in Data Engineering
- You have knowledge and experience in distributed systems (e.g. Kafka) and database architecture
- You have skills in building and maintaining software components and infrastructure, especially AWS Stack
- You have demonstrated ability to process complex information and dependencies in a continuously evolving environment
- You have strong communication skills for finding simple and solid solutions
- You have a positive attitude towards problem solving
- You focus on automation and simplicity
- You have the ability to break complex problems down into manageable chunks and the drive to get things done
- You are fluent in English
Nice to have
- Knowledge of statistics